Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Episode 4: Holà Sevilla! (December 2010)

Okay okay, it's been three months I haven't been posting anything on this blog, and I feel pretty ashamed now because when I look back at what happened during the past three months, well... I've got so much to tell you.




So after the pirate party, what happened? We celebrated Sinterklaas in my appartment with my Dutch beloved housemates, mes chéries amour (like the Stevie Wonder song, if you haven't heard of it, then you should do it here).


Sinterklaass is like Saint Nicolas in several countries of Europe. I'm posting you a link which explains what it is exactly  because I don't really have the patience to tell you, but basically we eat pancakes similar to the crêpes we have in France. It's quite nice and joyful. I celebrated this with them early december and we played a traditionnal game with gifts to win, and I think I won three of them, including great dutch breakfast sets and glasses.... and a LOVE PAN. I was happy!


Amal and Ciciel





Anyway, I was also clearly excited that day because I knew my awesome English boyfriend was going to visit me the same week, and for 7 days! I won't tell you about my sexual life in this article, but I will tell you that we had the best time and that we actually did not stay in Malaga for the 7 days. We went to Seville by train, which is the most beautiful thing in Andalousia I have seen so far. The city is gorgeous, full of TREMENDOUS monuments to visit. It's just nice to have a walk in the city centre, everything looks so typically spanish there. The cathedral looked awesome, but it was partially closed because of renovations.We visited the Alcazar arabic palace, just in front of it, and I was astonished by the beauty of that monument. I found it so much more impressive than the Alhambra in Granada. It was clearly breathtaking and really cheap for students (actually I'm wondering now if it wasn't even free). Anyway, if you go to Seville, this is a MUST and the gardens inside look gorgeous.






Later during our first day there, we saw the famous Plaza de Espana. There isn't much to do there but it's quite massive and impressive. Everyone who goes to Seville should see it I guess. Then we had a little walk in the Maria Luisa gardens and we had the best time there!  In the evening, we went to this nice vegetarian restaurant, here is the link: http://www.habanita.es/   and then we went out in bars across the river and I had churros with chocolate at 3 in the morning. I enjoyed it.
We stayed in a hotel called HOTEL SEVILLA located in the city centre (Calle Daoiz, 541003 SévilleEspagne). The price was really cheap and the quality was really good, the design of the rooms was modern and it was really clean inside. A bargain! 






Back in Malaga, we had dinner in two awesome (and really different from each other) restaurants. The first one was quoted in the Michelin guide and was actually quite posh but really delicious and worth the price. It is called El Cafe Del Bolsa, it is the restaurant of a 4 stars hotel called Molina Lario, located in the city centre. I'm giving you the link of the hotel and you can check their menu online, it's amazing: El cafe del Bolsa






The second restaurant was a bit more informal and is called VINO MIO. You can check their menu online as well, there's quite a relaxed atmosphere there and the place is owned by a dutch owner. There's a flamenco show every evening in the restaurant, but the most important part is the good quality of the food, which is quite international. You can basically eat everything there and they have meals for vegetarians as well. 






We visited the Gibralfaro in Malaga, an old fortress of 131 meters with an impressive view on the whole city and on the sea. Definitely worth all the climbing to get there. I had one of the best weeks of my life in December and Xmas was so close already and I did not feel like going back to Mulhouse at all, even if I missed my family and friends. But I had to. I did not know it would be so complicated to go back there though and I would have to go through a horrible nightmare before... read the next article to know about this next adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment