Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Episode 5 : Once upon a time, on a 23rd of December... My life turned into a nightmare!









Early December: My dad books my flight to go back to France for Xmas on the 23rd of December. Nice present as I did not have to pay a thing to go back home. The flight was not cheap, just saying.
December itself happens to be a really warm month in Malaga, I have a lot of fun with my dutch housemates, even if the appartment gets filthier and filthier with the mould and the humidity inside.

December 22nd: Big moment, I feel really stressed about going home after 4 months away and not that excited to be honest, as my dutch housemates decide to stay at home for Xmas. In the evening, I end up skyping late with my boyfriend, not really caring too much about tomorrow, my flight is only at 10.30 in the morning after all.

December 23rd: THE BIG DAY... BUT OOOOPS I wake up at 10 o'clock. A bit late since my flight is at 10.30. Ciciel enters my bedroom and starts to show a really worried face. I suddenly get to be panicked, realizing what is going on. I have litterally missed my flight. FUCK. I decide to go to the airport straight away, that's what Ciciel advises me to do and to be honest... what else can I do anyway? I call my dad on the way to the airport, completely scared of his reaction. Weirdly, he does not react too badly, and tries to find another flight for the same day on the internet. He actually succeeds in doing this, but the prices turn out to be outrageous... 400 euros for a single minimum to go back to Basel. The kind of investment you regret for life when you're a student. Okay, after two hours of desperation at the airport, I finally get to talk with the company which was going to save my life: AIRBERLIN (since there was not other flight with easyjet before Xmas). I book a flight with them for 250 euros. Ouch. But it turns out to be the cheapest I find and I do not have a choice. I won't put too much emphasis on the fact that my debit card did not work for unknown reasons and I had to call my father immediatly so he could give me his bank informations. SHITTY DAY.

Anyway, I have finally found a flight to go back home and I try to convince myself my life is not as horrible as it seems, even if 500 euros have been spent in total to go back to my beloved french life for only 15 days. I know I'm going to have "free" food in the plane so I try not to winge too much about my situation.
However, when I get to the gate, the plane is announced with one and a half hour late. I'm suddently getting to hate my life. Especially because I'm not going directly to Basel, first I have to land in Mallorca and then have another flight to Basel. Once I was in the flight to Mallorca, I got really scared not to be able to catch the second one. Fortunately, the second flight got delayed as well for me and other passengers who had to take it. Mallorca's airport is probably the ugliest thing I've ever seen, just saying. I finally get home safe at 11 p.m. WOW that was a long day. My father meets me at the airport in Basel and takes me back home. I go straight away to bed after this extremely stressful day with a positive thought in my head though: NEVER EVER AGAIN.

1 comment:

  1. But you saw me, and that's PRICELESS ahah

    <3

    ReplyDelete