Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Episode 6 : This Is Not A Goodbye, Just A "Hasta Luego"



After the trying and tiring situation I had to go through on the 23rd of December, I was finally home. And it felt nice to sleep in my amazing bed from home again. But it felt weird though during the couple of days that followed. I had a weird sensation after having spent 4 months in another country. I felt a bit like "is this my fucking home? where do I belong to?". Anyway, I saw some friends and spent most of my time with my family at home for some christmas festivities (which I'm tired of to be honest). I enjoyed the food though (and the gifts). Everyone asked me how it was in Spain but it was pretty much impossible for me to explain how things have been going on for 4 months. It's hard to tell. Plus, I met new people in Spain and discovered things which are kind of difficult to share with people from my hometown. For New Year's Eve, I did not feel like celebrating at all or going to any party, so I spent the whole evening with a close friend from France at my place.

While I was in France, I kept a bit in touch with Carmen, my spanish housemate, and we both decided that after Ciciel and Melody leave the flat (since they were only going to stay in Spain until february), it'd be nice for us to move out to another flat just the two of us. We knew we would get on very well only together so we decided to search for an other appartment. When I got back to Malaga (and this time I did my best not to miss my flight), we started visiting several just by calling some phone numbers we found on the streets. It did not take long until we found one. It was really weird to leave the appartment because I had to leave it one week before my dutch housemates actually left Malaga. I moved out to my new flat end of January and a british girl took my old room. I could not stand living there last week of January to be honest, the electricity switched off all the time, we had mould coming from the bathroom and it was really cold in there. All those problems could have been solved if we had had a landlord who actually cared. But the truth is she did not. I was just glad to get my deposit back and know that I would never see her again.

Early february, I moved in my new appartment, in a smaller room than I had before... But still, I have more space since I only live with Carmen now. It's actually great and we cook together quite often. Plus, the appartment is situated in the Picasso Museum street so it's a perfect location, in the centre. Moreover, it's quite cheap, less than 500 euros for two people, everything included.

                                   









Actually I am just going to be honest with you, dear readers of my blog. But I felt homesick after Christmas. It was really hard and really confusing to go back to France for 15 days and then just go back to Spain and pretend nothing happened. I did not really miss my life in France, I missed some friends and my family though. On top of that, I don't really like the studies here in Spain, same crap as in France when it comes to studying foreign languages. I started to get a bit bored and depressed to realize that my dutch friends were going to leave. I knew they would since the beginning, but what I was not aware of is I would get that close to them in only a few moths. They were just so cute and we had such a good time together. If I have to dedicate this article (and maybe even this whole blog), it is obviously to them.



So... mid-february, my dear Dutch friends finally left Malaga and we went out together (Miranda also joined us) for their last evening in town. It was quite hard to say goodbye... maybe it was even REALLY hard. I surprised myself crying, I did not expect to get so emotionnal, but it was just a really unpleasant moment to see them leave while I knew I was going to stay here for 5 more months. On top of that, I had exams at that time so I could not really spend too much time with them during their last few days in Spain. I took them home for the last time and then we huged and I left them to go to my new flat... I switched on my ipod and listened to Cher's Strong Enough on the way back home because I thought it might cheer me up, but weirdly it did not really work. Now they're back to Holland, and I have to make my new life without them... I will tell you more about this in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment